– Kevin Nash revealed on the XPac Show on Cowheadtv.com last week that he made the decision to leave TNA after watching the storylines unfold on iMPACT.
Nash said that after the recent episode of iMPACT where Kurt Angle ran through the members of Immortal and Abyss fell over on the ramp with Janice stuck in his back, he decided there was no reason for him to return, despite signing a contract with TNA in mid-January.
Nash said that after that episode of iMPACT, he and his wife felt that returning to TNA was not in his best interest. Nash said that a call from WWE’s John Laurinaitis next made the decision to back out of his TNA contract and return to WWE an easy one.
– Dave Meltzer reports that Kevin Nash actually signed a contract with TNA in January but Dixie Carter signed his release on the Friday morning before WWE’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
– Mark Henry actually replaced John Cena at the Minnesota WWE live event this weekend, losing to CM Punk.
– Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers wore a replica World Heavyweight Title belt as the Packers’ celebrated their Super Bowl win last night in Texas. The belt could be seen on Rodgers during FOX’s coverage. WWE Champion The Miz commented on Rodgers: “Ur welcome Green Bay. Me saying they wouldn’t make the super bowl ignited the team to do better and win. And to aaron rogers, cute belt.”
Diamond Dallas Page also commented: “Gotta love the World Title going on Aarons shoulder… Bang! Btw I have that Original World Heavyweight Title hanging on my door… Bang!”
– It was reported this weekend via Ric Flair friend Mike Mooneyham that Ric Flair could not receive advance pay from TNA because of a policy that was put in place after issues with Dustin Rhodes while he was with the company.
Goldust responded to the report on his Twitter with the following: “Wanna clear this up….a wrestling website
– Devin sent the following: Jerry “The King” Lawler, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted Dibiase, Scotty 2 Hotty, The Hurricane, Bushwhacker Luke and Robbie McAllister from The Highlanders will be appearing at the Ultimate Championship Wrestling event in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada on April 28th, 2011. Go to ucwonline.ca for info about UCW.
– Here is the WWE video of Edge in Toronto hinting a possible retirement… Video Of Edge In Toronto
– Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler finished their commentary voiceovers for WWE All Stars this past week. Ross wrote on Twitter: “The WWE All Stars video game is going to be a blast. Best matches that NEVER happened. Finished my v/o’s today.”
– A new book titled “The Road Warriors: Danger, Death and the Rush of Wrestling” by Joe “Road Warrior Animal” Laurinaitis will be released on March 1st with the foreword written by Paul Ellering. Here is the synopsis:
“Delivering an inside account of one of wrestling’s most famous fighters, this autobiography offers a rare chance to learn about Joe “Animal” Laurinaitis’s life both inside and outside the ring. Revealing riveting stories about his participation in the 1980s and 1990s superstar wrestling team the Road Warriors, it recounts memorable fights with his partner Mike “Hawk” Hegstrand. He describes how he and Mike rose to become a revolutionary tag team-reinventing themselves with spiky accessories and wearing face paint before it was popular-and chronicles famous rivalries, movement between different wrestling associations, and dealing with Mike’s longtime struggle with drugs and alcohol. He also invites fans into his personal life and discusses his family and newfound Christian faith.Featuring stories of incredible physical feats and deep-felt companionship, this testimony will help