If you take good care of your soccer cleats, they will take care of you in return. In other words, cleaning your shoes will make them last longer. The first thing you need to do after buying your pair of shoes is to polish them. Often, the soccer cleats are made from leather. Here is a rundown of a few tips that can help you with the upkeep of your shoes.
What You need to Do
- After each play, don't forget to clean your cleats in order to remove dirt from the leather. Dirt can absorb moisture from the shoes. As a result, your shoes will dry out quickly.
- After a rain, if your shoes get wet, put a newspaper inside each shoe for absorbing the excess water. This will prevent your shoes from getting over-stretched and losing shape. If your shoes dry out, polish them. This will protect the leather.
- Use a breathable bag to store your shoes in. it should have holes in it. Make sure you don't use a sealed bag.
- For softening or conditioning the leather of your cleats, we recommend that you use mink oil or leather food. You can buy these products from your local market.
What You Should Not Do
- Don't put your cleats near a dryer or a heater or you may get cracks on the leather. This is very important!
- If you are going to walk on a hard surface, such as roads for a long walk, don't wear your leather shoes. Doing so will wear down your shoes pretty quickly. You may also slip on the hard surface and get injured.
- Avoid using products, such as silicone or wax for polishing your shoes.
- Similarly, don't go for soaps and similar cleaning products for washing your cleats. You can use water and a piece of washcloth instead.
- Your cleats won't dry out in sealed bags. So, don't put them in this type of bags. Moreover, the sweat from your feet may also make the cleats wet. After each play, make sure you put them in a place where they can dry out a bit.
Some salient features of Kangaroo leather is that it is lightweight and feels better. Moreover, Kangaroo leather can get the shape of your feet making you feel a lot better.
The downside is that kangaroo leather is not as durable as other types of leather. Hence, it won't last as long. So, based on these features, you can decide whether you should go for this leather type or not.
Long story short, if you want to buy a good pair of soccer cleats, you will need to spend at least $ 100 or more. Therefore, we highly recommend that you take due care of your cleats or you will have to buy another pair before long. Taking good care of them will make them last for several years. Hopefully, now, you will be in a better position to take care of your shoes.